Anona Counseling Ministry provides individual, couples and family counseling for adults and adolescents, as well as therapy groups, personal growth groups, seminars, workshops and presentations on multi topics. We can meet with you individually or with your partner, spouse, or family. We can provide presentations and coaching assistance to your business or professional organization.
Each counselor sets their own rates based upon educational background, training and experience. Some insurance applies and sliding scales are available for financial hardship needs. Please speak with your counselor about these rates when you call to schedule a confidential appointment.
Anona Counseling Ministry is an outreach mission of Anona UMC and as such offers some scholarship assistance for those seeking counseling but who are experiencing temporary financial hardship. Assistance will be based upon information provided at the time of the initial intake. Assistance is intended to be a partial payment combined with a small client copay and is intended to be temporary assistance.
Communications between a client and psychotherapist are protected information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA. Therefore no information will be disclosed to any other party without prior written permission from the client.
However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse. The therapist is required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety. However, if an individual does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.
Is Counseling right for me ?
Seeking out counseling is an individual choice. Counseling can help address many types of issues including depression, anxiety, conflict, grief, stress management, body-image issues, and general life transitions. Counseling is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives.
Do I really need Counseling ? I can usually handle my problems on my own.
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through difficulties you've faced in the past, there's nothing wrong with seeking out extra support when you need it. Counseling provides long-lasting benefits and support, giving you the tools you need to avoid triggers, re-direct damaging patterns, and overcome whatever challenges you face.
How can therapy help me?
A number of benefits are available from participating in psychotherapy. Counselors can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. Counselors can also provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
What is counseling like?
Every therapy session is unique and caters to each individual and their specific goals. For therapy to be most effective you must be an active participant, both during and between the sessions. People seeking psychotherapy are willing to take responsibility for their actions, work towards self-change and create greater awareness in their lives. Here are some things you can expect out of therapy:
- Compassion, respect and understanding
- Perspectives to illuminate persistent patterns and negative feelings
- Real strategies for enacting positive change
- Effective and proven techniques along with practical guidance
Is medication a substitute for therapy?
In some cases a combination of medication and therapy is the right course of action. Working with your medical doctor you can determine what's best for you. Instead of just treating the symptom, therapy addresses the cause of our distress and the behavior patterns that curb our progress.
Are there classes or groups available?
Anona Counselors offer a wide variety of backgrounds and specializations. It is our intention to have a skilled clinician available to help you address any issue you are facing and any counseling need. Additionally, as counselors we believe in education and personal growth and therefore offer a variety of helpful classes and groups to provide you with the tools necessary to navigate through life’s ups and downs. Some of these include:
- Divorce Care
- Grief Share
- Prepare & Enrich for Couples
- Parenting Classes & Education
To Schedule an Appointment you may contact the counselor of your choice directly at their numbers listed below:
Off Campus location: 2081 Indian Rocks Road, Largo, Florida 33774